Here at weddingsonline we want to share a few tips with you on how to take best advantage of connecting with your target market on Facebook.
If you post wedding info on your own Facebook page you will be communicating with people that like you already – the trick to marketing and advertising is to influence people that don’t know you.
While we've noticed a downward trend in engagement on Facebook pages, the algorithm suggests that Facebook Groups are still very much alive.
On both your own page and in groups where wedding planning is the main focus:
Post on a regular basis to attract recognition
Post the same content from your page to groups also to appeal to new users
Post imagery / videos / ask questions – e.g. what picture do you think would look better on the front cover of our new brochure?
- The Facebook algorithm has changed recently (how Facebook decides what to show and not to show to users). This is why you'll notice some of your posts will only get one like, and some other posts get hundreds of likes.
- Facebook prefers to show brides / grooms to be videos that are linked from Facebook rather than outside sources, 360 degree tours, live videos (things that are unique to Facebook), well run competitions(where the comments aren't all the exact same), posts with lots of reactions.
- Ask a question in your post to encourage the bride to comment without directly asking them to comment eg "which is your favourite?" instead of "comment and tell us your favourite".
- Photos are inspirational to brides too and encourage brides to interact.
- Promote your events / showcases / open days, sample sales / special offers
- It is important to engage with users and not just suggest your business name and leave it at that. E.g. "You're looking for a great videographer, we shoot in a cinematic style and have lots of examples and reviews on our website! I'd really love to chat to you. PM me for more details."